New at Active.com this year is the ability to register your race team.
Who will be the biggest team at the BFC this year?
Check out these screenshots to see how it works: Read more…
We are pleased to announce that Epic Outdoor Adventures is the Presenting Sponsor for Black Fly Challenge 2014.
This is Epic’s first year as a BFC sponsor and they are jumping on board in a big way! We welcome their enthusiasm and support.
Epic Outdoor Adventures is where Central NY outdoor enthusiasts gather to share stories, plan adventures and, of course, get their favorite bike, paddle and ski gear! Check out the Epic Facebook page for more info – and please support our Presenting Sponsor!!!
The BFC race committee has made improvements and added some cool new things for 2014, including:
- A new and improved Active.com interface that allows you to create and join teams, edit your registration (switch categories, etc.) and transfer your registration.
- Jersey & Tee Design Contest. Submit your designs and they could appear on the BFC 2014 Jersey and Tee! Details to follow.
- Video & Photo contest. Submit your best BFC photos and videos and we’ll use them to promote the race – and give you full credit of course. Details to follow.
- Sunday BFC Mountain Bike Rodeo & Races. Favorites from the old Adirondack Mountain Bike Festival are back! Rodeo events, kids races, hill climb, circuit race. Check them out here.
The BFC race committee is pleased to announce that a two-year agreement has been reached with YellowJacket Racing to provide electronic timing and scoring for the 2011 and 2012 Black Fly races.
YellowJacket is Rochester’s premier event management company, using electronic AMB Chip Timing Technology to produce accurate results in a timely fashion.
Last year, even with a record 345 entries, YellowJacket was able to produce results faster than any year since the Black Fly began in 1996.
Some of the most commonly asked questions are answered on on FAQ’s page.
New this year:
• Men’s Cyclocross 40-99 age class has been split. The new classes are: 40-49 & 50-99.
• Woman’s Beginner 30-99 age class has been split. The new age classes are: 30-39 & 40-99.
• BFC Race tees will be ordered for Pre-Registered racers only. Pre-Registration ends May 14.
• Racers that fail to turn in their timing chip will be billed $110.00 (YellowJacket’s cost).
• The Tandem category is reinstated, but no prizes will be awarded if less than 5 entries.
• Categories & classes with less than 5 entries may be combined on race day, for the purpose of awarding prizes, at the discretion of the Competition Director.
• Any category with less than 5 entries that cannot be combined with another category (Tandem, Unicycle, etc.) will not receive prizes.
• Odd entries are welcome at the discretion of the Race Director. Send your request to: info @ blackflychallenge.com.