Want a BFC Race T-shirt? Register by Saturday May 24!
T-shirts are not guaranteed for anyone that registers after May 24.
Why? Because our t-shirt order must be placed by May 26,
and we can only guess how many more shirts we’ll need.
The BFC race committee has made improvements and added some cool new things for 2014, including:
- A new and improved Active.com interface that allows you to create and join teams, edit your registration (switch categories, etc.) and transfer your registration.
- Jersey & Tee Design Contest. Submit your designs and they could appear on the BFC 2014 Jersey and Tee! Details to follow.
- Video & Photo contest. Submit your best BFC photos and videos and we’ll use them to promote the race – and give you full credit of course. Details to follow.
- Sunday BFC Mountain Bike Rodeo & Races. Favorites from the old Adirondack Mountain Bike Festival are back! Rodeo events, kids races, hill climb, circuit race. Check them out here.
If you haven’t done so already, go to Active.com and REGISTER NOW!
Need some inspiration? How about our youngest and oldest entrants (so far):
UPDATE: As of May 7, the oldest entrant is David Legg (75)
UPDATE: As of May 2, the youngest entrants are Chris Welch and Qian Adams (14)
If you want a BFC race tee-shirt make sure to register by May 25!
You snooze, you lose.
We recently received this query from a Black Fly friend:
What are the youngest ages allowed? And do they (the youngsters) race the entire course from Indian Lake to Inlet?
While the BFC has no minimum age, EVERYONE that enters is expected to be capable of finishing the entire course in 4 hours or less.
The sweeper truck is instructed to arrive at the finish line by 3:30pm, which is 5 hours after the 10:30am start.
NOONE is allowed to remain on the course behind the sweeper truck.
New for the Black Fly Challenge in 2013:
- Bigger Purse – Now more than $8,200.00!
- New Age Classes – Five age classes added.
- Online Shuttle Reservations – at Active.com
Look for news posts and emails in 2013 with more details!
An additional afternoon shuttle has been added. Remember – you must make reservations and pay in advance! Contact Pedals & Petals: (315) 357-3281 or firstname.lastname@example.org